About IUBH University of Applied Sciences
The IUBH is geared to the demands of the global market
Studying at the IUBH makes careers in a global environment possible. We live out this credo in that English is the teaching language and the language used on our campus. We also impart internationality with many other distinguishing features:
- Our experts and faculty from around the world teach both technical know-how and soft skills
- We maintain multiple collaborations with partner universities in Europe, America, Australia and Asia
- At the IUBH languages in international demand are taught at advanced levels by native speakers and additional intercultural communication competence is developed
- There are currently students from over 110 nationalities/countries on our campuses
At the IUBH practical orientation is experienced firsthand. The curriculum has multiple facets which reflect this, for example, the inclusion of internship semesters, discussions and lectures with experts from industry and excursions to companies. The integration of theory and practice is a daily reality for every student. In the context of its lectures the IUBH offers project work and case studies.
Many of the benefits of studying at the IUBH are possible due to the close cooperation that the IUBH and its faculty maintain with industry. Our faculty has contact to all DAX 30 companies, is recognized in the international market, and well connected in a network with over 3.000 business partners.
The IUBH is accredited by the Foundation of International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) and received for five of its study programs five golden FIBAA premium seals so far. Therefore IUBH is one of the leading universities in Germany to be awarded five or more premium seals.
In 2012 the IUBH also received the seal of quality from the Hanseatic Certification Agency which certified IUBH study programs as a way to obtain vocational education and training.
In 2012 the IUBH was also honored as best cooperation partner of the Association of Internet Travel Sales (Verband Internet Reisevertrieb e.V./VIR).
Be it in a storefront retailer or an online shop, the finance sector or aviation, the travel industry or telecommunications; data affects business success in every industry sector. The large amount of unstructured data collected needs to not only be stored, but also analyzed and efficiently utilized. As a big data manager, it is your responsibility to generate strategic benefit from data. You will coordinate corresponding projects, and act as the interface between senior management, data engineers, and data analysts. You understand the principles of information management and artificial intelligence. You have a sense for new technologies and their applications in a business environment. And you are able to align those activities with the company’s strategy by understanding your management’s needs. Lastly, you will use your expertise to critically analyses current advancements in the industry, differentiate between short-lived trends and realistic solutions, and advise senior management accordingly. The master program in Big Data Management prepares you for a career in one of the most important areas in future corporate environments.
- You will learn how to pre-process data, how to associate data from different sources, and how to analyses their relationships.
- You will learn about artificial intelligence for data analysis.
- You will evaluate the utility of these methods in various corporate scenarios.
- You will critically look at solution providers and understand the ethical, social, and security implications that emerge from big data management.
- You will deepen your management expertise and improve your analytical skills.
- Full Time