Filmmaking – Associate of Fine Arts - Hosted By tandek
About New York Film Academy
Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese, Bruce Springsteen, Al Pacino, Robert Downey Jr., Jamie Foxx, and Jodie Foster are among the many figures in the film industry who have sent their family members to study at the New York Film Academy. New York Film Academy is honored to be the film and acting school of choice of these other luminaries including Kevin Kline, Pierce Brosnan, Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, Bono (U2), directors Stephen Frears, Peter Bogdanovich, Roger Donaldson and James L. Brooks. The New York Film Academy was founded on the philosophy that “learning by doing” combined with best industry practices is more valuable than years of theoretical study for filmmakers and actors. This educational model allows students to achieve more in less time than at all other film or acting schools in the world. The New York Film Academy offers camps, short-term workshops, conservatory-style programs, and degree programs. The Academy’s one- and two-year conservatory-style programs include topics in Filmmaking, Acting for Film, Producing, Screenwriting, 3D Animation, Cinematography, Broadcast Journalism, Photography, Graphic Design, Musical Theatre, and Game Design; as well as an accelerated three-year Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree programs in Filmmaking, Acting for Film, Producing, Screenwriting, 3D Animation, Graphic Design, and Game Design, and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Media Studies. The New York Film Academy also offers two-year Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degrees in Filmmaking, Acting for Film, Screenwriting, Producing, Cinematography, Documentary, Game Design and Photography, and two-year Associate of Fine Arts (AFA) degrees in Filmmaking, Acting for Film, Producing, Screenwriting and Game Design, and a Master of Arts (MA) in Film and Media Production at Los Angeles campus. Each program is structured for students who want intensive training from award-winning faculty, using professional facilities and equipment starting their first day of classes; better preparing them for a career in the motion picture and entertainment industries. In the first year of any of filmmaking programs each film school student will write, shoot, direct and edit eight films and work as crew on 28 more! Register in any of world-class programs and get the experience you need to excel in your field.
This two-year program is intensive and fast-paced, distilled to ensure that students advance in the shortest time possible. All classes and coursework is explicitly designed with concrete skill and production goals. The educational objectives in the Associate of Fine Arts (AFA) in Filmmaking Degree program are to teach students the art and craft of filmmaking, and to instruct students through a strict regimen consisting of lectures, seminars, and total immersion workshops to excel in the creative art of filmmaking.
- Hands-on experience from day one.
- Write, shoot, direct, and edit 11 films of your own creation.
- These become your portfolio and calling card.
- Work on the crew of more than 40 of your classmates’ films and gain skills and experience in all facets of filmmaking.
- “Learn by Doing” as you master the art and craft of directing, cinematography, editing, writing, and producing.
- Learn and train on state-of-the-art professional cameras, lights, sound and editing equipment, including RED DRAGON digital and
- Panavision 35mm motion picture cameras.
- Instructors are award-winning professionals who bring working knowledge of the industry to the classroom.
- Classes are not abstract lessons in theory, but are applied, hands-on studio workshops.
- Full Time
- Creative Portfolio