About IUBH University of Applied Sciences
The IUBH is geared to the demands of the global market
Studying at the IUBH makes careers in a global environment possible. We live out this credo in that English is the teaching language and the language used on our campus. We also impart internationality with many other distinguishing features:
- Our experts and faculty from around the world teach both technical know-how and soft skills
- We maintain multiple collaborations with partner universities in Europe, America, Australia and Asia
- At the IUBH languages in international demand are taught at advanced levels by native speakers and additional intercultural communication competence is developed
- There are currently students from over 110 nationalities/countries on our campuses
At the IUBH practical orientation is experienced firsthand. The curriculum has multiple facets which reflect this, for example, the inclusion of internship semesters, discussions and lectures with experts from industry and excursions to companies. The integration of theory and practice is a daily reality for every student. In the context of its lectures the IUBH offers project work and case studies.
Many of the benefits of studying at the IUBH are possible due to the close cooperation that the IUBH and its faculty maintain with industry. Our faculty has contact to all DAX 30 companies, is recognized in the international market, and well connected in a network with over 3.000 business partners.
The IUBH is accredited by the Foundation of International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) and received for five of its study programs five golden FIBAA premium seals so far. Therefore IUBH is one of the leading universities in Germany to be awarded five or more premium seals.
In 2012 the IUBH also received the seal of quality from the Hanseatic Certification Agency which certified IUBH study programs as a way to obtain vocational education and training.
In 2012 the IUBH was also honored as best cooperation partner of the Association of Internet Travel Sales (Verband Internet Reisevertrieb e.V./VIR).
Whether it’s in classical retail or online shopping, financial services, the aviation, travel or tourism industry, or in telecommunications: Data is the key to the success of a business in almost any industry today. It’s not just about the amount of data collected but about preparing it analytically and using it profitably.
As a Big Data Manager, your goal is to generate maximum strategic value from data. You coordinate projects and work at the interface between head management, data engineering and data analysis. You have familiarity with the principles of information management, understand artificial intelligence techniques and have a grasp of new technologies and their benefits to the business environment.
And at the same time you are aware of the needs of your business and can reconcile the use of data with corporate strategy. Last but not least, you use your know-how to critically scrutinize current trends in big data, to differentiate pure hype from feasible solutions, and to make appropriate recommendations to management.
The master program in Big Data Management prepares you for a career in one of the most important areas in future corporate environments.
- You will learn how to prepare data, how to connect data from different sources, and how to analyze these relationships.
- You will learn methods of data analysis in artificial intelligence.
- You will evaluate the application of these methods in various corporate scenarios.
- You will critically look at solution providers, as well as the ethical, social, and data protection issues within big data management.
- You will deepen your management expertise, and work on your analytical skills.
- Full Time