If the most important thing in your packing is your skis or snowboard, then Austria is the perfect high school destination for you.
In German-speaking Austria you are never far from the majestic Alps.
High school in Austria
In Austria, students go to high school from the age of 10 to 18. There is no requirement to have the highest grades in German, but you need basic knowledge to keep up during the classes in school. The first few weeks you will have classes with the same group of people, and then you, your teacher and contact person evaluate which subjects are best suited for you to continue with.
Austrian teenagers are very active and in many areas of the country there are activities such as horse riding, skiing and sailing available. The Austrians are known for their “Gemütlichkeit”, the warm and pleasant atmosphere, so you will feel very welcome!
- Academic Year Program
- Semester (Spring)
- Age criteria: 15–18 years old upon arrival
- Food and accommodation: Host family (included in the price)
- Starting months: September and February
- Language requirement:basic German skills
- Location: Vienna
- School year: September–July
- School day: approx 8–14
- Optional trips: weekend in London, skiing weekend to Norway and spring trip to Nice are examples of trips running throughout the year.